Friday, November 19, 2010

Easten's Birthday and more catch up



My little Easten turned 5 in October. We had a small party with just family for him with a 'Cars' theme and he just loved it. We let him open his presents from us in the morning and had the party at night. (The pictures are all out of order) Easten is a sweet mama's boy. He loves to gives hugs and he will let me hug on him. He had a bad case of the terrible 3's and 4's but he has really sweetened up the past 6 months and is not quite as stubborn as he used to be. He loves going to pre-school and he loves Ms. Ida, his teacher. He is my Easten Wovey (Lovey). I started calling him that when he was born and he pronounces it Wovey. He and Noah are like twins expect Noah is about a head shorter than Easten. They love each other and are best friends, it will be so nice having them a grade apart in school. It won't be so good when they go on their missions though, they won't see each other for 3 1/2-4 years. Happy Birthday Easten, we love you.
In other news, I have started working. I have struggled with deciding to go work for a long time. I had a couple job offers from the hospital, but they wanted me to work full time and I cannot be away from my kids that much. I know it's only 3 days a week but it's 3 long days. I leave before my kids get up and get home at bedtime. Plus the hospital was not willing to work around Wes' schedule, so we could possibly be working at the same times. Who is going to watch my kids? I don't do babysitters, unless it's just to watch the kids while we go out or something. I don't have to work, so if I had to get a babysitter so that I could work I wouldn't do it. Anyway, in summary, the hospital was not going to work out.
So I applied to one of the home health places in town and I told them I wanted extreme part time and what the situation was with Wes and the kids and they were willing to work with me. So I work 2-8 hour days a week and that's all and they pay me good money to do it. It has worked out really well and I'm so grateful that they are willing to work with me.
We finally got around to setting the internet up the other day and I decided I should probably update my blog. So keep scrolling down, there is more. Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: