Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another example of why I coupon

Sams club used to be the place I would shop, always thought they had the best deals and I was getting a lot of product. I have 3 kids that still wear a pull-up at night, we go through a ton of pull-ups so I would always just buy a box from Sams. At Sams these are $28.98 per 90 ct box (2T-3T) or $0.32 per pull-up.

Well at Target (have I mentioned my love for Target) this week they have a special where if you buy 2 boxes of pull-ups you get a $10 gift card. So I printed a $2 manufacturer coupon per box and I had a $3.50 Target printed coupon for one box and a $3.50 Target mobile coupon from my smart phone (they scan the bar code from your phone). You can use 1 manu. coupon and 1 Target coupon per item.

So the breakdown per box is:
$25.99 full price
 -     $2 manu. coupon
  $3.50 Target coupon
       $5 (half of the gift card)
 $15.49 for a box of 72 count (2T-3T) or $0.21 per pull-up

I bought 2 boxes for $30.98, $2 more than buying 1 box at sams club, but I also got 54 more pull-ups for that extra $2. Plus I pay $40 annually for a Sams Club membership! This isn't the best deal I've seen on pull-ups either but we were completely out so it had to do.

Without the coupons and gift cards, yes Sams is a better buy. But, Target has deals like this quite often.

Huggies has a new diaper called the 'Slip-on' diaper. I would probably not have used these on a baby but they are made the exact same way a pull-up is made and since they are a new product they had great sales and great coupons for them. I was able to get them for around $2.50 for a jumbo pack doing this same kind of deal and they worked great as pull-ups for my kids!

Don't get me wrong I still shop at Sams for some things but they don't always have he best deals.

No comments: