Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Walgreens-not just for filling Rx's!!!!!!!!

Back in the old days the only time I would go to Walgreens was when I wanted to get an Rx filled, and I would generally go through the drive-up. Not anymore, it's not the place I do a ton of shopping, but they have some great deals sometimes.

Last week I stopped by real quick to grab something and while I was there I checked the razor aisle real quick cuz Wes was getting low on razors. This is what I found:
Gillette Fusion razors were on clearance! These bad boys are $10.49 retail, but were marked wayyyyyy down to $2.69! Each pack has 2 heads, so I loaded up and got 5 of them and also got one (so 6 total) Gillette Fusion Power razor (not pictured) for $3.11, retail $11.99! That is $64.44 worth of razors for $16.56, and this will last Wes for at least 10-11 months!  The best part is that I didn't even have to use a coupon or do a register reward for them. I'm not a fan of doing registered rewards because it's a complicated process, but I will if it's a great deal. Luckily, I didn't have to and was able to save without it!

So each razor head is about $1.34, and if I were to buy the 4 refill cartridge pack at $16.99, it would be around $4 a head and that is why I don't buy the refill packs, much more expensive. 

No comments: