Friday, April 23, 2010

My poor bella boo does not feel good


Bella has had a fever, vomiting and diarrhea for four days. I feel so bad for her she has just been lying around since Tuesday. No energy, won't hardly smile, very unlike her. Poor thing she just looks like she's in a daze. She did finally start drinking again last night which was quite a relief. I really don't want her to lose any more weight, she only weighs 16 lbs. One good thing about it is that she will snuggle with me but I just worry about her. I hate it when my babies get sick, it just hits them so hard. :(
Seriously, how do people make it that have kids with cancer. I get worried sick with a sickness that lasts for a week. Some kids go through chemo and radiation for months, years-and what is chemo-POISON!!!! It wipes out their immunity causing them to become neutropenic which makes them susceptible to catching whatever they come in contact with. As soon as they get a fever they go straight to the hospital where they stay until the fever is gone and there are no signs of infection. Then the process repeats itself-these poor kids have to go through hell. Poor Kristoffer had to have a tumor that was wrapped around his kidney removed along with the kidney. He had to have a port and a feeding tube placed and the feeding tube became ulcerated and was leaking stomach fluids because his idiot doctor didn't check it right away. What I think is even harder is being in the parents shoes and being able to do absolutely nothing but sit there and watch their kid suffer, not knowing what is going to happen when their kid is diagnosed with cancer-are they going to be able to make it throught this? I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle it. So my hat is off to my sister who had to sit by and watch her 6 yr old boy go through all of this and more and still care for her other three kids at home. Takes a strong person.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Amen to that! Your sister is one tough woman!

...poor little Bella, she looks so little and sad...but so sweet!

Audrie said...

Thanks Maggs!!

Unknown said...

I agree. I turn into a nervous wreck over the littlest things with Tristan. I can't imagine feeling that way for such a long period of time.

Poor Bella, that sounds miserable :(